FOR: ONTARIO POLICE SERVICES BOARD - Zone 2
SPEECH: Mental Health Treatment and Advocacy: Taking a Look at the 3 Rs - Region, Reactions and Resilience
PARTICIPANTS: Members of police services boards throughout the eastern Ontario region
- REGIONAL OVERVIEW: Let’s have a look at our region, its history, strengths and gaps.
- REACTIONS: Our health leaders have reacted to important gaps in the system. How are they trying to mend the current situation?
- STRATEGIC PLANNING 2020: From the province’s strategic plan to the local agency’s tactical plan… what’s making a difference? How do we, health and safety leaders, address future impact and the “complex” resident? Is there any space for joint ventures? What’s the ROI (return on investment)?
- PTSD and RESILIENCE: If you’re too far-sighted, you may miss the point: helping our own… understanding PTSD and how resilience-building is helping our Heroes in Blue. What challenges are we facing among public safety personnel in Canada, and more specifically in our region?
- CONCLUSION: What are WE missing? The importance of board members, collaborative work, and joint solutions.
- Q & A